Monday, April 20, 2015

Jamaica

Our first stop was in Jamaica.  Thank goodness because we decided to visit Dunn Falls and honestly I do not think I could have made it through had I already spent two days snorkeling in the other locations.  Yes, Dunn Falls kicked my ASS!  In all honestly its not so much that its hard to climb there were just so many holes.   If you can manage to dodge them you’ll be fine.  The water is not clear so I could not see and I fell more times than I can count.  Twisting my ankle, landing on rocks, cutting up my legs, yeah not the best experience.  Still…I’m glad I did it.  I do recommend going if you visit Jamaica but make sure you are in good enough shape to where you actually can enjoy it.  Had I not had my brother there to help pull me up some of the times I would have had a lot more trouble than I did.  So I’d say that was my least favorite spot while there.  We ended up booking an excursion through a private tour company which was a great experience.  Her name was Patrice Bailey and her number is 1876-509-7542. She can also be reached via email at patbailey52@yahoo.com.  She was very professional and made sure we were back at the ship with plenty of time.  Our tour guide was Anna.  Make sure if you book a tour through Patrice to ask for Anna.  She was so sweet and had us laughing the entire time.  I will say that most of Jamaica was not as pretty as I expected but Anna had the driver take us to areas with great views for pictures.  We finished with lunch at Scotches and then a quick rum tasting after that.  Scotches was the best food I think I’ve ever had.  I fell in love with the jerk chicken and Jamaican cornbread.  Definitely a place you need to try while there.  While Jamaica may not have been the prettiest place we stopped I fell in love with the people.  They were all so welcoming and made you feel like you were part of their family. So did I truly enjoy this destination?  “Yeah Mon” – as they say in Jamaica


No comments:

Post a Comment